Monday, January 25, 2010

I Want To Dress Like Anna Karina

Over the past year in blogland, I've noticed how much people seem to admire Anna Karina's style, something which I've never fully understood as I had never seen one of her films until last night when I watched Une Femme Est Une Femme. She's now my new style icon. What I loved most was how she dresses in bright primary colours and combines them with neutral whites, greys and blacks in order to reflect her charming, bubbly personality. A bright red cardigan is now at the top of my thrifting wish list. And her hairstyle is so simple, yet it can be worn so many ways. I've secretly wished for years for my jaw to be not as square as it is so that I would be able to have bangs.
I've never directly copied a character's outfit from a film before, but I loved this one so much (and already had all of the clothes) that I decided to try it out. What do you think?
Cardigan: I don't remember, I haven't worn it in years
Skirt: vintage
Pin: vintage
Tights: H&M
Belt: thrifted
Shoes: The Bay

No comments: