Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Daily Outfit

I found this sweater last weekend at the largest thrift store that I go to and I wasn't even looking for a new sweater, just a plain cardigan to embroider on. I don't recognize the maker on the tag, but I think that it's only a couple of years old since it's mostly made of bamboo. I'd never worn anything made out of bamboo before, since it's still expensive, but it's really soft and warm and I now want a pair of bamboo tights, even though they would be useless this winter since Vancouver appears to be the only place in the Western hemisphere not frozen solid and blanketed by snow (not my fault, you should have seen how much snow we got last year).
Back to the sweater. I debated about buying it for many a minute, since I don't need another sweater and I wasn't planning on buying anything extra as I have to get a pair of shoes resoled and it is the Flea Market on Saturday, but how could I turn down this neckline:
I've decided to do a theme for this month's Vintage Novel posts, which will be four books by my second favourite 20th C. author. I do also take requests for Vintage Novels, so if you've heard of a book but aren't sure if you want to buy/borrow/steal it, then do please send me a note and I'll test it out.

Sweater: thrifted
Skirt: thrifted
Belt: thrifted
Tights: H&M
Shoes: The Bay

P.S. Thank you everyone for all of your wonderful comments, your support means the world to me and my little blog! XO

3 comments:

Megan said...

That is a great sweater! I'm glad you made the purchase, I love the neckline.

What Would a Nerd Wear said...

what pretty embellishments! that's a terrific find.

Witchcrafted Life said...

What a charmingly elegant sweater. It it's equal parts timeless class and scores of energetic fun. I fancy green a great deal and would have been lured by the siren's song of this lovely sweater, too :)

Wishing you a splendid Friday & weekend ahead!
♥ Jessica