Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Daily Outfit

Another semester has come and gone and I did better then I thought. Only the fall semester is left and then I will have by very expensive (and completely irrelevant) piece of paper that says I have a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and Humanities (that is the irrelevant part). I have now caught up on my sleep and I've been re-watching the most stylish television show ever made, which I am working on a post of. Any guesses as to which one?
I've have also been updating my shop today with many projects, most of which I finally finished in the past week or so. I've also come up with many ideas for posts that I want to write this summer, all relating to aspects of vintage living other than fashion, but with some vintage fashion posts. I'm also going to start scanning parts of my small collection of vintage movie magazines and a very interesting fashion book from the Seventies that I found.
I'd like to feature a forgotten best seller on Vintage Novels in a couple of weeks. You know, one that was really popular but no one has heard of now, like the Da Vinci Code will be in about ten years. Anyone want to give me a random year or part of a decade to find one from?
Remember, if you're in the UK and over 18, do get out and vote tomorrow. I can't wait to see the results and for the torrents of the satirical election coverage shows to be uploaded (I get most of my news from watching satires of current events, much less bias). Do you still use the trusted method of paper and pencil to vote or have you switched to the complicated computer system that the Americans use?

Cardigan: thrifted
Sweater: thrifted and I added the lace trim
Skirt: vintage
Sweater Guard: vintage
Tights: Hue
Belt: thrifted
Shoes: Börn.

What seems like ages ago I got two awards from two very lovely bloggers and I haven't yet posted them, so here goes:

Thank you to the wonderful Ivy over at Ivy Black Chat for the Circle of Friends award!

Copy and save the award graphic above for use in your post. Blog about receiving the award and share five things that you love to do with your readers.
Keep passing along the Circle of Friends award with however many of your own readers you'd like to.

I love...
to laugh
reading and writing
watching movies
learning new things
being a part of blogland and the worldwide vintage community

Many thanks to the colourful and fellow Canadian The Pale and Pallor Princess for the Sugar Doll award (I'm not a librarian, but I do spend a lot of my time in libraries and I used to work in a bookstore).
Rules:
1) Thank and link the person who gave you the award.
2) Pass this award onto fabulous bloggers of your choice.
3) Contact said blogs and let them know they've won.
4) Re-post and state 10 things about yourself.

10 things you didn't know about me:

1) I was named after the character Jennifer Marlowe from the sitcom WKRP in Cincinnati.
2) I like to embroider while watching shows or movies on the television, it gives me something to do with my hands.
3) I can't drive and I'm not sure that I ever want to. I don't like being in control of a moving metal box with other people on the road in other metal boxes, most of whom can't drive in the rain. But I do like classic cars for their aesthetics and I like watching Top Gear, because it's amusing even though I don't understand half of the things that they're saying. Besides, I like taking the bus.
4) The first silent film I ever saw was Thief of Bagdad when I was four years old -I think it's one of the most fantastic things that I've ever seen.
5) I've desperately wanted to travel ever since I can remember. I don't mean going off on one of those popular adventure/spiritual quests to discover one's self and the "real" culture of whatever is the It country this season. I mean the nice, old fashioned trip around Europe. By train. And with plenty of museums, art galleries, festivals and hotels without elevators. I will accept large cash donations made to my PayPal account.
6) My hero has always been James Burke and always will be.
7) When I grow up, I want to be a writer. Not just any writer, I want to be a humourist/critic/columnist that worked for Vanity Fair and the New Yorker in the Twenties. So if anyone has a time machine or TARDIS kicking around, do let me know.
8) Speaking of the bus, I like to listen to radio programmes on the bus. Mostly panel shows, plays, documentaries, Burns and Allen, Jack Benny, classic radio serials, sketch comedy, but my favourites are The Vinyl Cafe, The Goon Show and Just A Minute.
9) I live a ten minute bus ride away from a certain university. However, when I was deciding which university to attend, I picked the other university in Metro Vancouver, which takes me 90 minutes and multiple transfers to get to. I go there because it is the better university of the two, actually it's the best in Canada at the moment.
10) Despite my great love of classic and silent movies, my all time favourite film is actually not that well known and from 1980. It's called Hopscotch. You can see the original trailer here. It also has the best soundtrack ever!

Rather than decide which of my many favourite blogs to pass these awards onto, I'm going to give them to any new bloggers out there who are just getting starting and would like their first award. Just leave me a comment to let me know that you've taken them and I promise to check out your blog in return.

No comments: