Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Favourite Summer Dress

My Favourite Summer Dress

This was my new favourite dress this past summer. It's cotton, easy to wear, from the Fifties, machine washable and I picked it up for only $15 from Red Light when I went to Portland. Clearly it's perfect and I can't wait to wear it next year and hopefully next year the West Coast will have a proper spring and summer. Right now the weather here is distinctly fall-like and has been for about a month, but it's still in that period where you can get away with just wearing tights and a cardigan and no jacket. I never realized how much I loved spring until we didn't get one this year. I was still having to wear my fur coats occasionally in May for crying out loud! *shakes tiny angry fist at Nature*.
So, where have I been for the past fortnight? Well, two weeks ago both my poor old kitty and my Grandma died quite suddenly. I haven't really felt like blogging or embroidering with the sinking realization that I no longer had any grandparents sooner than I had expected. This isn't my first death, but it is my first as an adult and there is so much more to do than I thought. I had considered shutting down ye olde blog, but I've decided against that since my Grandma was the only member of my family who actually read my blog and she loved it. So I'm pressing on with it. There will be a small giveaway sometime next month and I've just finished a terrific TV series that I know you'll just love, once I get some screen caps of it. And there are some books that I've been meaning to write about. Does anyone have any suggestions for types of books you'd like me to read and review? Or Musical Guests you'd like to see?
And tomorrow there will be two slightly belated Cinema Tuesdays posts for this month's theme of Retro Spoof Musicals. That'll will make more sense when you see which films I've picked, but you're welcome to guess.
I also have November and December's themes and movies selected, but does anyone have any suggestions for 2012's Cinema Tuesdays? I do pick themes several months in advance, since it sometimes takes me awhile to find copies of movies I want to screen cap, so suggest away.
That's all for now.

No comments: