Saturday, October 30, 2010

Daily Outfit

30 Oct 10

Skirt: vintage
Shirt: vintage
Cardigan: thrifted and I embroidered it. Used to look like this.
Belt: thrifted
Tights: Hue
Shoes: Börn

Detail -30 Oct 10

I can't do Hallowe'en this year. I get to write an 8-10 page paper on the problem of nihilism for early Monday morning, while keeping my angry cat inside and away from fireworks. Yay! Maybe next year I'll finally go and see Rocky Horror live.
Like most vintage enthusiasts, I don't really feel the need to dress up, since by the standards of super-casual Vancouver, I do that everyday.
"Are you going to a party"
No.
"But you're wearing a skirt and have that whole Fifties thing going on"
This is how I dress everyday.
Actually the comment I most receive is "You look awesome" which is very nice to hear.

I also do find it difficult to think of an original costume that doesn't cost very much or I can make myself. However, using what I already own, I realized that I could dress up as Margot Tenebaum, Maude (as in Harold and), Little Edie, Emma Pillsbury or what I wore last year, without looking that much different. Maybe by next Hallowe'en I'll have thought of something brilliant, like Dita wearing jeans and a fake tan. Except I don't own jeans.

By the way, I spent tonight adding a screen caps tag to all of the movies which I have screen capped, to make them easier to find.

However, what Hallowe'en would be complete without these two Gothic legends:

No comments: