Saturday, September 11, 2010

Daily Outfit

6 Sept 10


I woke up this morning and looked at the ominous grey clouds overhead and realized that another season has come to an end, but will return again next year in a never ending cycle. This is my last outfit of the summer, everything is thrifted. I think the skirt will transition well into autumn, maybe with that white belt and a black mock turtleneck.
Detail 6 Sept 10

I monogrammed the sweater during a marathon two week session of embroidering on my clothes.

Detail 6 Sept 10

This lovely bracelet comes from a trade with Zoe at her shop. I got this wonderful bracelet and she got two of my brooches. That's right, I'm open to trades on Etsy.

9 Sept 10

This is what I wore on Thursday to my first day of classes. About a month ago I had a dream where I was wearing a blue circle skirt with pockets and rikrak around the hem. A week later I was in one of my regular thrift stores and I found this skirt and I've finally managed to take up the hem by 10 inches and attach some rikrak. But look, pockets!
I think this is the last time I can go outside with bare legs until the spring. Autumn is my favourite season; the leafs change colour and crunch so clearly, no sudden heat waves or being bitten to death by mosquitoes to worry about, the air is crisp and has that nip in it and two words: layers and tights! I'm very excited for colder weather, I even bought a new vintage fur coat last week and then I remembered that I still don't have a jacket for fall yet, mostly because I can't find the perfect one that matches the image of it in my head. But there's still time left before jackets become necessary.

Sweater: thrifted
Skirt: thrifted and altered
Belt: thrifted
Necklace: vintage
Sandals: thrifted SAS

No comments: